Helleborustime

 

Hoe heerlijk was het vandaag buiten. Voor het eerst in weken een dag met blauwe lucht en volop zonneschijn. Tijd om te gaan zien wat er in de tuin gebeurt en eindelijk niet te donker om buiten foto´s te nemen. Januari de tijd waarin de Helleborus de kleur in de tuin doet wederkeren.

It was a fantastic day today! For the first time in weeks a day with sunshine and a blue sky. Time to take a look what is going on in the garden and not to dark to take a decent photo. January is the month when te Helleborus brings color into the garden. 




It would have been better to kneel down to take a picture. Kneeling down is not the problem but how do I get up is!!!


The flowers of the older Helleborus orièntalis always let the flowers hanging down and you have to lift the flower upwards with the hand to see the inside. But this seedling had a flower that gave a look inside.

This is a slower groing one. And opens it´s flowers later as the others.


New growth of Aquilegia

Scilla is showing it´s first color of the new garden year.

And of course a new barreroot rose came in. It was in my mind since I´ve visited a beautiful garden in 2017. Blue Magenta. The next two photo's are from the mentioned rose in the visited garden. Not fertellizer the first year around the new rose but leftovers coming out of the coffee machine. Overhere they say that it helps to make the soil better.



The Crocus is also making a start. A great thing to welcome. It will take some time before the flowers will be there.

At October 21st my husband and I were positive with the Covid. We haven't been very sick of it but I lost my smell. My smell is back but not like it was. I still hope that things are going to be better at the moment when the roses are starting to bloom.


Have a wonderful weekend ahead

Rosehugs Marijke

Reacties

  1. Good afternoon dear Marijke,
    Beautiful helleborus! I like the flowers very much. The rose was beautiful too. The color is so lovely. It was nice to hear that the sun came to you today!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Rosehugs, Marit

    R

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello dear Marit,
      It was great to see the sun and blue sky after weeks of grey, dark days. Wish you a beautiful weekend too!!!
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  2. Tu as raison, les héllébores nous montrent enfin le bout de leur nez. Ce sont des plantes vraiment robustes et chez moi elles sont toujours en fleurs en mai et parfois début juin pour certaines. Chez moi elles doivent aussi refaire un nouveau feuillage car j'ai tout enlevé à l'automne tant elles faisaient peine à voir, trouées par les bestioles et grises au possibles, les photos n'en seront que plus belles.
    Je te souhaite un bon week-end bien au chaud surtout !
    Bise.
    Siam

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello dear Siam,
      Wow you have taken the foliage away very early. I always do it in January (when it's not frosty). It is a great thing to have special at this time of the year.
      Have a wonderful weekend
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  3. Hello dear Marijke
    Nice to see that you have had visit of the sun. To day we are expecting storm here, it is hard for threes and rhodoes, I hope they will manage.
    I have the same problem coming up again :)
    It is a very nice rose. it takes a lot of space. Crocoes are on their way her too.
    Bad with the corona I hope you will get your smell back or you cant enjoy your roses as much.
    Rosehugs Lisbeth

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello dear Lisbeth,
      It was so greate having the sun after so many dark grey weeks. How different it is today! Also a lot of wind here and storm is forcasted for coming monday. I keep my fingers crossed for you that the storm won't do any harm to the tree's en Rhodo's in you beautiful garden. Nothing we can do about it. I am always have long walks with my dog also in wintertime but every year I get older that I am not a gymnast anymore. After taking the old foliage of the Helleborus I was stiff for 3 days (fun). I know that the new rose can be a huge one. I hope I can keep it a bit under controle though. Corona is a strange thing. I have a friend who had it in the beginning, stayed 5 weeks in coma in the hospital. And is fit like he was before. But I also know people who haven't been that sick and still having problems, extreme tired and problems with the lungs after a year. Bought myself a bunch of Hyacinth´s to train my nose (fun) before the roses arrive.
      Have a wonderful day!!
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  4. Wonderful, sunny pictures! Your Hellebores are a bit earlier than mine but your crocuses are about as high as they are here. That fascinates me :) Hope your smell recover fully. Here I know that they work with training and they say it works quite well.

    Winter hugs, Carina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello dear Carina,
      It is fascinating! Maybe the Helleborus has a warmer place because the garden is a small one. I hope my smell is coming back to normal. Bought myself a bouquet of Hyacinths at the florist and I follow the advise to train my nose to take a sniff of the scent of the flowers a couple of times a day.
      Winterhugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  5. Hallo Marijke!
    I enjoy your pictures of the beautiful Hellebores. The rose is magnificant . I usually give some coffee grounds to my dahlias. I think they grow better. Hope you get better so you can feel the scent of your roses.
    Have a nice weekend /Hugs Marika

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello dear Maribel,
      It's great to welcome the Helleborus in the garden. I hope the new rose likes it's place that it got in the garden. I Train my nose a couple of times a day and hope also the the smell will be better soon.
      Have a wonderful weekend
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  6. It is minus 26 here this morning and there is about a metre of snow on the garden. There will be no blooms for a while yet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Brrrrrr David, that's very cold!!! I am always amazed that the plants survive under ablanked of snow of 1 metre. No, no flowers in your garden at the moment. But they will be there later!!! Stay warm!!
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen

Een reactie posten

Dank je wel voor je bezoek aan mijn blog. Ik hoop dat je nog een keer
terug komt. Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je een reactie achterlaat.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I love to read your
comment and hope you re-visit my blog again.


Populaire posts