My little garden at the 1st of March



De lente is voor mij eigenlijk de mooiste tijd van het jaar. Maar dit jaar
is alles anders. Februari hebben we gehad. Een maand met de ene storm na 
de andere en heel veel regen. Hoe anders was het begin van de lente vorig
jaar. Zoveel zon, en zoveel bijen en hommels. En nu nog niet 1 bij of hommel
gezien ze zijn waarschijnlijk nog in hun winterslaap. Gisteren wel even de
zon mogen begroeten maar het was van korte duur. De zeer sterke wind
maakte het bijna onmogelijk om een foto te maken.

Springtime is THE time of the year for me. But this year spring is different.
February is gone. A month when one after the other windstorm came over and
lots of heavy rainfall. How different it was the year before. I miss the sound
of the bee's and bumble bee's now. They are still a sleep I think. Yesterday
a glimps of sunshine. Time to go out and see what the garden brings at the
moment. The wind was very strong again yesterday it took some time to make
a bit of a sharp photo.

How springtime should look like (2019)

2020


Narcissus Tete a Tete brings sunshine into the garden


The Camelia's are doing so well





I was happy to see that the Clematis Warzawki Nike is still alive. It was climbing
in rose Souvenir de La malmaison. This rose had to leave the garden. It went on
it's own roots and was growing to wild for a small garden like mine.

Treepeony

I had to take a closer look if there were buds and there are

I think it's to late now to prune the roses I don't want to cut of where I was
waiting for during this dark long wintertime. I will see what will happen later
in the year.

Narcissus Tete a Tete on the right side of the garden path

I wish you to have wonderful new week ahead.

Better springweather is on it's way

Rosehugs Marijke

Reacties

  1. Good morning dear Marijke,

    I love to see your springflowers. Your helleborus are so huge! Your camellia are very big. I envy you the possibility to have them outside in the garden. They are very beautiful.
    Have a nice day!
    Rosehugs, Marit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning dear Marit,
      It's great that the garden is bringing some color. The Helleborus is one of the first things that came into
      my garden when it was new. So it must be some 19 years old now. Made a lot of seedlings that's why it's so
      huge. It's a pitty that you can't grow the Camelia outside. But they do well at your place inside.
      Have a wonderful new week ahead.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  2. A wonderful garden. I especially like the hellebore and how they surround the tree like they hug it. In Romania the Camellias can only stay indoors during winter as we can get down to -30° C. I had one, but it was not doing so well and I have it away. It died eventually in spite of the best efforts.
    Have a wonderful, colorful, full of blooms Spring!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning Adriana,
      The Helleborus was once bought as a little tiny plant. But this is how it looks like 19 years later. The dark flowers are from the orginal plant the other colored flowers are seedlings of it. It's a pitty that it's to cold
      in your country to grow the Camelia. -30C is very very cold!!! Is it still so cold? I wonder when you are
      pruning your roses. I won't this year in the back garden because we did not have any winter. They are full in leaf now. I will see what the roses will do.
      Have a wonderful new week ahead.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
    2. We still get sometimes - 30 but for a night or 2, usually we get -20 some nights and -10 usually in January. This year wasn't so cold but we had some nights that were very cold. Last year we had a lot more nights and days with cold weather and a lot more snow. But it's ok for me that we can not grow a camelia because I can grow Austin roses and I love them.

      Verwijderen
    3. Good morning Adrian,
      It's great to read that your Austin Roses survive the the cold winter time. Very important for a
      roselover!!!
      Have a wonderful day
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  3. Ja, we verlangen nu naar rustig, zonnig weer met een wat meer behaaglijke temperatuur.
    Bij iedereen zijn wel klusjes blijven liggen.
    Toch zijn er al veel tekenen van lente te zien in je tuin: nog een paar weekjes wachten, Marijke, dan is het vast weer lekker buiten.
    Hartelijke groeten van Zem.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hallo Zem,
      Ik ben al blij dat het lawaai van die stormwinden voorbij zijn. Hoeft niet warm te worden maar ik verlang
      naar het licht!! Ik sla het snoeien in de achtertuin dit maar over. De rozen zijn al zo ver uitgelopen. Onze tijd
      van genieten in de tuin komt nog en inderdaad even geduld.
      Heerlijke nieuwe week gewenst!!!
      Hartelijke groetjes Marijke

      Verwijderen
  4. Great photos. Well you must be patient , spring will come sooner or later

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning Barbara,
      Thank you so much and it's feeling so much better now, having a clear blue sky and sunshine.
      Have a wonderful day
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  5. Hello dear Marijke
    I have written once but the comment has disappeared. Nice to see your Camellia flowering.
    And I am happy to see more comments on your blog.
    Rosehugs Lisbeth

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning dear Lisbeth,
      I hope the weather was good enough yesterday for you to get a lot of things done in your
      beautiful garden. I did not see a comment before and I did not delete one. Never mind, things
      can happen. Yes it's very nice to receive more comments. It's a great feeling that I turned my
      back away from Instagram and found my way back to the blog!!
      Have a wonderful day
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen

Een reactie posten

Dank je wel voor je bezoek aan mijn blog. Ik hoop dat je nog een keer
terug komt. Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je een reactie achterlaat.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I love to read your
comment and hope you re-visit my blog again.


Populaire posts