March

14 maart Het bleef maar regenen. Zelfs een paartje eenden had genoeg van het 
slechte weer. Het vrouwtje ging op mijn tuintafel zitten. Het leek wel of ze wilde
vragen of ze binnen mocht komen om te schuilen voor het slechte weer.

At the 14th of March we did have a lot of rain. A femail duck on my garden
table. It was like she was asking me if she could come in to shelter from the bad weather.


March 16th A juvenil sparrowhawk in my garden


A whole carpet of Pulmonaria. Get as much if possible in your garden because it's food
for the predator who will destroy the lause on a biological way. It works I never have
to spray my roses


22nd of March we've made a wonderful trip together with our son and 
daughter in law to the southpart of Holland a place called Arcen.
The man visited a beerbrowery and me and my daughter in law had a beautiful
walk.




I thought that someting was going wrong in my brains when we discovered a
Flamingo there because this bird is not common in Holland


March 23rd. Camelia in full bloom

27th of MarchTulips


Bergenia

Anemone

The new planted rose Wram's Gunnarstorp is doing great. Excited to
see what flowers it will bring later in the season

Happy to see buds in my Clematis

29th of March Always a great moment for me to see the blossom of Prunus

Bergenia

Rose James Galway did grow out to 3.50 m. Time to prune it this year

My little frontgarden. On the left Abraham Darby, in the middle Compassion
and on the right Parure d'Or

Abraham Darby

The first rosebud


Helleborus Orientalis Picotee

Rose Pat Austin in huge. I hope it will bring a lot of flowers

My little frontgarden

I am always excited to see the new green in the roses. Rose Black Boy was
planted the year before but did not bring any flowers. I hope it will this year

Rose Ispahan

The pond



Tulips


I wish you all to have a wonderful springtime. The most wonderful
time for me.

Rosehugs Marijke

Reacties

  1. Hello dear Marijke,

    Wonderful signs of spring! I envy your early spring. Here it's still winter. Your rosebuds looks great.
    Have a nice Sunday, and your new week ahead!
    Rosehugs, Marit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Marijke
      A lot of nice pictures taken in March. I am surpriced too over the flamingo, you saw it on my birthday :) Nice with buds in your clematis.
      I hope April will be better, have a nice Sonday
      Rosehugs Lisbeth

      Verwijderen
    2. Hello dear Marit,
      To me this is the most wonderful time of the year!! Your garden has still a cover of snow
      but soon we can enjoy your beautiful springflowers.
      Have a wonderful sunday!!

      Verwijderen
    3. Good afternoon dear Lisbeth,
      It was very special to see this Flamingo. This Clematis is always early with her flowers. But
      always great to start after the wintertime. I lost 3 Clematissis the year before. I never pruned them and I was told I should. But after pruning there was 1 night with -20C and you can guess what happened. Having a small garden is always difficult to make a choice what I miss is with so many roses in it that there are no other flowers to enjoy untill the roses start flowering. But I know I can't have it all!! (fun).
      Have a beautiful sunday and great week ahead.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  2. Het wordt, ondanks de (welkome) regen in maart, echt lente.
    Dat is duidelijk te zien aan de heerlijke foto's vanuit jouw tuin.
    En de prachtige blauwe luchten vanuit Arcen!
    Hartelijke groeten van Zem.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Goedemorgen Zem,
      Echt he? Heerlijk deze tijd van het jaar. Inmiddels weer de diepe basgeluiden van de bruine kikker weer te horen in mijn vijver. Helemaal geweldig.
      Geniet van deze prachtige dag.
      Hartelijke groetjes Marijke

      Verwijderen
  3. Great series of images, especially of the Sparrowhawk visiting your garden, although I am sure the songbirds don't think so! Spring was coming along nicely here but we had about 6 cm of snow overnight so that will set it back a little.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello dear David,
      The Sparrow Hawk is a regulair visitor in my garden and sometimes the vieuw is not so
      nice when he catches a songbird. But that's nature is it not. Wow you are still having snow?
      Hopefully spring will arrive in your country soon!!!
      Have a wonderful day

      Verwijderen
  4. Hello, Marijke ! Your garden is looking beautiful, especially your roses. Happy spring, my friend !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello dear Dani,
      The most wonderful time of the year arrived in my little garden too! I am still to affraid to
      prune the roses but I hope they will do well this year.
      Have a fantastic week ahead.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  5. Wat ziet het er al veelbelovend uit. Die rozenstruiken! Niet normaal. Groetjes, Hetty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Goedemorgen Hetty,
      Ja de rozen zijn al ver in mijn tuin was te laat met de snoei dus maar een jaartje overslaan.
      Heerlijk weekend gewenst.
      Rozige groetjes Marijke

      Verwijderen
  6. Hello, Marijke!
    Your roses are ready to have many buds, aren't they. The bushes are huge, look very healthy. I love anemone and hellebore, they decorate garden before roses are in bloom.
    Happy spring!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning dear Nadezda,
      We did have such a mild wintertime that the roses where to far with the green so I did not prune them. Rosebuds are showing up in certain roses already. I am excited!! When the garden is a small one like mine I have to make choices. I recognize that there are not many things to enjoy untill the roses are starting to bloom. I have to be patient (fun).
      Have a wonderful day
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  7. Hello Marijke, today is a bad day, snow is falling again, and the old snow is still not gone. Some flowers make me happy, telling spring will soon come back.
    Rosehugs Inger

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning dear Inger,
      I can imagine that still having snow is not a nice thing to have when you are waiting for springtime. I hope spring will arrive soon in your garden too!!
      Have a wonderful weekend ahead.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  8. Prachtige foto's Marijke, ook al was er veel regen.
    Fijn weekend, groetjes Tinie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Goedemorgen Tinie,
      Dank je wel. Ik heb sinds 19 maart een nieuwe camera waar ik super blij mee ben en het moet allemaal nog een beetje wennen. Maar we gaan de goede kant op!!
      beetje wennen.
      Heerlijk weekend gewenst.
      Rozige groetjes Marijke

      Verwijderen

Een reactie posten

Dank je wel voor je bezoek aan mijn blog. Ik hoop dat je nog een keer
terug komt. Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je een reactie achterlaat.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I love to read your
comment and hope you re-visit my blog again.


Populaire posts