Flowers 9th and 10th of June


Het is weer even wennen nu de temperaturen zijn gedaald. Maar ik ben
nog steeds heel dankbaar wat die zeeklei grond in mijn tuintje doet voor 
de rozen. Als ik zo in mijn tuintje rondkijk is het eigenlijk heel vreemd
dat voor 1968 dit stukje grond nog zeebodem was. Als ik bedenk
hoeveel andere planten ik heb geprobeerd op de klei te laten groeien
en zonder succes en de rozen doen het geweldig. Alleen maar rozen
saai? Helemaal niet. Iedere roos heeft zijn specialiteit. Wat mij wel
is opgevallen is dat tijdens koudere perioden de bloemen veel langer
goed blijven. De geur is minder als de temperaturen dalen maar als het
te heet is verdwijnt de geur ook.

The weather has changed. It's colder now. But I am still very happy
what the seaclay soil does to my roses. When I look into my garden
it's hard to believe that before 1968 my garden belonged to the see.
I have tried to grow so many special plants but without succes.
Is it borring to have so many roses. No it is not. Every rose has
it's own speciality. What I noticed the last couple of weeks is that
when it's colder the scent get less but when it's too hot the scent
also disappears. 

Brown Velvet



Sebastian Kneipp


Felicite Parmentier



James Galway 



Ispahan

Madame Plantier

Pat Austin

Scabiosa loved by the bee's

Waiting for the first flower in a new planted rose is not easy.
Deuil de Paul Fontaine


Parure d'Or

Marie Curie

So many flowers on a cane of Asperinrose




Purple Splash

A Shropshire Lad


Penny Lane


Leander


Midnight Blue

Minerva


Waiting for the opening of Munstead Wood. Only one flower this year



Rodgersia

Merveille


While other roses already had theire first flush this one is just
starting. Cardiff Castle. A Poulsenrose with an intense scent


Queen of Sweden


Ambridgerose

Edenrose

Scabiosa

Laure Davoust


The Hydrangia along the path from the front to the back garden




Jacques Cartier

 Blue for You



Sweet Pretty

Fantastic wildlife around my pond









Have a wonderful weekend to all!!

Rosehugs Marijke

Reacties

  1. Hello dear Marijke
    Nice to read about your garden and your roses, I did´nt know that, but it seems that your roses like to grow there. My Munstead Wood is doing ok this year.
    Rosehugs Lisbeth

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning dear Lisbeth,
      The Munstead Wood suprised me when I saw that it was still there. A took a long time
      untill the only bud that it brought opened up. Yes in your garden it's doing great.
      Have a wonderful Sunday.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello dear Marijke,

    Yes, it's strange to think about. I have been sea here too for many, many years ago. After the last iceage I think. Your roses are wonderful!
    Blue for you have a wonderful color. Your gaden is pretty!

    Happy Weekend!
    Rosehugs,
    Marit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning dear Marit,
      I've tried so many plants to grow in my garden but without succes. I think I've bought
      several geraniums but the only 2 that are doing good are Geranium Maculatum and
      Bressingham. I planted Lily's but within 2 days they are distroyed so are the Delphiniums
      and Lupine's. The Hosta's are also doing well on my soil but a lot of snails.
      I love what I have and enjoy every day what my little garden brings me.
      Have a wonderful sunday.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  3. Marijke, I just can't stop marvelling at your roses, the queen of Sweden is one I always wanted, it's so delicate and beautiful. Your hydrangeas looks wonderful too , I love hydrangeas but I have problems here finding a good place for them, the sun is so harsh in the hot months that even morning sun makes them wilt, here hydrangeas need total shade and don't have many totally shaded spots in my small garden. Have a weekend full of roses!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning MDN,
      The Queen of Sweden is a lovely rose. I like the pink color and the special shape of the
      flowers it brings. I wish I could grow the wonderful Hibiscus that you have in your garden.
      Have a wonderful sunday and great week ahead.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  4. You have gorgeous flowers, thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.
    Beautiful blog.
    Have a nice weekeend.
    Maria
    Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good morning Maria,
      Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. You have a wonderful
      blog too!!
      Have a wonderful day
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen
  5. Wat een rozen jaar hebben we dit jaar. Het lijktveel beter dan andere jaren. Vind jij ook niet? Groetjes, Hetty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Goedemorgen Hetty,
      Ik heb nog nooit zoveel bloemen in de rozen gehad als dit jaar. En een fijne bijkomstigheid
      is dat tot nu toe het blad er heel gezond uitziet.
      Heerlijke zondag gewenst.
      Rozige groetjes Marijke

      Verwijderen
  6. Jouw grond móet wel goed zijn voor rozen, de oude kleigrond.
    En de zon van dit jaar, daar houden ze ook van, wat een pracht bij jou.
    Van de wat zure grond hier ter plaatse houden ze niet zo.
    Die eerste rode roos: wat een beauty!
    Hartelijke groeten van Zem.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Goedemorgen Zem,
      Ja het was hier echt een bloemenexplosie van de rozen hier.
      Mooi vindt dat op de akkers van de boeren soms nog hele oude boten worden
      gevonden. De zure grond zal wel heel geweldig zijn voor de Rhododendrons.
      De eerste heeft een echt prachtige kleur. Maar ze is niet eenvoudig.
      Heerlijke zondag gewenst.
      Hartelijke groetjes Marijke

      Verwijderen
  7. Wat zal het heerlijk ruiken in je tuin Marijke.
    Prachtige foto's van de rozen. Maar ook van de libellen en de juffertjes, zo mooi om te zien.
    Fijn weekend, groetjes Tinie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Goedemorgen Tinie,
      Het was en is nog steeds genieten hier. De vijver in mijn tuin zit vol leven. Libellen, waterjuffers kikkers, salamanders altijd wel iets om naar te kijken.
      Heerlijke zondag gewenst.
      Hartelijke groetjes Marijke

      Verwijderen
  8. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Your roses are spectacular Marijke! Mine have performed especially badly this year - some have not produced a single bloom. I put most of the blame for this on our very low rainfall this winter fit but my soil is part of the problem. It is mostly sand and drains too well! I have been composted and adding mulch on a regular basis so maybe someday the roses will be happy.

      Verwijderen
    2. Good morning Kris,
      We've had an extreem beautiful rosemonth of May. In other years it looked so much
      different because we never have so many dry summerdays in May. It did my garden
      so much good. I hope your roses will do well some day! But you have so many other
      special beautiful plants in your garden to enjoy.
      Have a wonderful sunday.
      Rosehugs Marijke

      Verwijderen

Een reactie posten

Dank je wel voor je bezoek aan mijn blog. Ik hoop dat je nog een keer
terug komt. Ik zou het heel leuk vinden als je een reactie achterlaat.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I love to read your
comment and hope you re-visit my blog again.


Populaire posts